Janssons frestelse, one other favorite julbord recipe. Key components are potatoes, onions, pickled sprats, breadcrumbs and cream. Only a handful of components however you’ll be shocked how they arrive collectively, creating what we consider to be the tastiest potato dish ever!!
Without query, this basic at all times options on a Swedish julbord, the recipe was first revealed in 1940 though it’s urged that it was named after a meals-loving opera singer known as Mr Jansson within the early 1900’s. Whatever its historical past it’s as fashionable right this moment as ever.
So, right here is your buying listing for Janssons frestelse
- 450g floury potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 small tin of anchovies (spice-cured sprats) This is the sport altering ingredient, though our recommendation is to maintain this a secret till your company have tried the dish, it may sound slightly off putting- however belief us, as soon as its cooked no person will suspect something!!
- 150ml whipping cream
- Breadcrumbs, butter and salt and pepper
Let’s get cooking
- Preheat your oven to round 220 c.
- Peel your potatoes and minimize into skinny discs or strips, whichever you like.
- Peel your onion, slice thinly and fry evenly in some butter to melt.
- Drain the brine from the ansjovis and blend with cream. Cut your anchovies into small items.
- Grease an oven proof baking dish and layer potatoes, onions and anchovies. Season with each layer.
- Finally pour over your cream, spiced brine combination, sprinkle with breadcrumbs and dot the floor with small items of butter.
- Bake for 60-75 minutes (*22*)
Leave a Reply